As you may know, we have many students who are transported to and from school by bus. There are two scheduled bus routes. The first bus arrives at Dr. LM Hanna School at approximately 8:17 a.m.; the second bus arrives at approximately 8:40 a.m. At the end of the school day, the first bus leaves at approximately 3:45 p.m.; the second bus leaves at approximately 4:00 p.m.
It is most important that these transitions happen smoothly; and each student is accounted and appropriately cared for during these times. To do this, supervision is provided for bus students by Regina Public and Dr. LM Hanna School. We must ask for everyone’s assistance with these transitions by noting the following:
- Students who arrive on the first bus will be met by a supervisor once it arrives. These students are supervised in the Learning Commons until playground supervision begins at 8:38 a.m.
- Students who do not arrive on the first bus may not use this supervised time. These students should not arrive at school until playground supervision is available at 8:38 a.m. This includes students who may have missed their bus.
- Students who arrive on the second bus will immediately go to the playground where supervision is provided until the start of school at 8:53 a.m.
- Students who leave on the first bus will be met at 3:37 p.m. by a supervisor who accounts for these students.
- Students who leave on the second bus will be met at 3:37 p.m. by a supervisor who accounts for these students. Only these students are supervised until their bus leaves the school at approximately 4:00 p.m.
- The school office must be notified if a child will not be taking the bus home on any given day. If a child is not taking the bus, please arrange to have your child picked up in a timely manner since supervision is not available during this time.
We genuinely appreciate your attention and support in caring for our students during these transitions.