As you may know, we are involved in many transitions throughout the school day. These transitions involve students, parents, staff and community. These transitions begin as students arrive to school and as they leave for home. It is most important that these transitions happen smoothly; and each student is accounted and appropriately cared for during these times.
We must ask for everyone’s assistance with specific transitions.
Please observe the designated “no stopping” areas in front of the school. This includes unloading or student drop offs. This area is clearly designated with the yellow cones and city signs.
Please observe the crosswalk and most definitely do not park in the crosswalk. It is important to note that City of Regina bylaws indicate that there is “no parking” within 10 meters of a crosswalk. It is also important to model the appropriate use of our crosswalk for our students. The crosswalk offers the safest means for drivers to see children and adults crossing the street.
If you are picking up your child from school, we recommend arranging for a designated meeting spot.
School Drop-off Times
Please observe the arrival times for school. This is important for many reasons including there is no supervision for your child until 8:37 a.m. This is most significant since students cannot be accounted for with no supervision. This is concerning especially with these recent extreme temperatures.
We have many students who are transported to and from school by bus. There are two scheduled bus routes. The first bus arrives at Dr. LM Hanna School at approximately 8:17 a.m.; the second bus arrives at approximately 8:40 a.m. At the end of the school day, the first bus leaves at approximately 3:45 p.m.; the second bus leaves at approximately 4:00 p.m.
To do this, supervision is provided for bus students by Regina Public and Dr. LM Hanna School. We must ask for everyone’s assistance with these transitions by noting the following:
- Students who arrive on the first bus will be met by a supervisor once it arrives. These students are supervised in the Learning Commons until playground supervision begins at 8:38 a.m.
- Students who do not arrive on the first bus may not use this supervised time. These students should not arrive at school until playground supervision is available at 8:38 a.m. This includes students who may have missed their bus.
- Students who arrive on the second bus will immediately go to the playground where supervision is provided until the start of school at 8:53 a.m.
- Students who leave on the first bus will be met at 3:37 p.m. by a supervisor who accounts for these students.
- Students who leave on the second bus will be met at 3:37 p.m. by a supervisor who accounts for these students. Only these students are supervised until their bus leaves the school at approximately 4:00 p.m.
- The school office must be notified if a child will not be taking the bus home on any given day. If a child is not taking the bus, please arrange to have your child picked up in a timely manner since supervision is not available during this time.
We genuinely appreciate your attention and support in caring for our students during these transitions.